Maxwell recognizes the ongoing and increased uncertainty that COVID-19 is causing around the world. As the situation is continuously evolving, Maxwell remains committed to caring for the health and safety of our employees, technicians, clients and their families. With this in mind, read about the actions we have taken in response to COVID-19.
- We are taking guidance and recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada and local health authorities. We have increased cleaning and sanitizing at all of our locations – including payment solutions equipment – to help prevent the spread of all germs.
- We have modified or postponed large meetings across our offices in Canada, and implemented a work-from-home plan for key stakeholders within the company.
- We have provided personal protection equipment to each of our technicians for use when onsite to complete service work.
- We have restricted all business related travel, domestic and international through April 7.
We continue to stay in communication with our business partners and clients daily to ensure we are supporting them effectively across Canada. As we progress through this unprecedented situation, we will continue to uphold our commitment of ensuring the health and safety our clients, people and community.
How to keep your point-of-sale equipment clean and disinfected.
- Make sure to disconnect and turn off equipment first.
- Do not use solvents, detergents, or abrasive cleaners.
- Using a lightly damp microfiber cloth (recommended), wipe down equipment.
- After cleaning, the equipment may be disinfected using a suitable alcohol-based wipe or disinfectant applied to a microfiber cloth. A soft cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol (70 percent isopropyl alcohol or disinfectant wipes are recommended), making sure not to drip liquid into any openings.
- Never spray your equipment directly.
- Avoid paper fiber materials like a tissue or a paper towel, as they’re more abrasive and can leave scratches.
- Let them dry completely before use.